Air fryers can be used to cook a variety of foods from frozen french fries to filet mignon. But did you know it is fun, easy, and fast to cook a diverse assortment of mouth-watering desserts in your air fryer? Air fryer desserts from apple dumplings to birthday cakes are quick and easy to make, and some don’t require additional accessories.
Types of Air Fryer Desserts
- Dumplings: Whether your vice is apple, mixed berry, or peach, dumplings are divine desserts that are paired perfectly with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. While these can be baked in a conventional oven, they are super easy to air fry, using puff pastry, butter, and your fruit/spices of choice. Making dumplings in the air fryer does not require any extra accessories or attachments, so you can make dumplings, like our Rich, Crisp Apple Dumpling Dessert, right in your regular air fryer basket.
- Turnovers, Fried Pies, and Hand Pies: While their crust ingredients differ, turnovers, fried pies, and hand pies are an easy treat to cook in the air fryer. The hardest part is the dough, but if you use pre-made puff pastry or crust dough, making these delicious fruit-filled desserts is a snap. These do not require extra attachments or accessories beyond your air fryer’s non-stick basket.
- Dessert Egg Rolls Though a fairly new trend, dessert egg rolls are a great sweet treat to try in the air fryer. Made just like a regular egg roll, you use egg roll wrappers and oil, but instead of filling them with nutritious vegetables, opt for ooey-gooey ingredients like chocolate and caramel. Our favorite dessert egg rolls are apple egg rolls, blueberry egg rolls, and s’mores egg rolls. So yummy! This dessert does not require additional accessories or attachments.
- Cakes: Baking a traditional round layer cake in the air fryer does require a baking pan compatible with your air fryer. But I promise it will be well worth the investment. The sky is the limit when it comes to preparing cake in the air fryer. Choose a decadent chocolate recipe or a classic hummingbird cake to “bake” in your air fryer. This is a great choice for birthdays, holidays, and family gatherings.
- Cheesecakes: Baking a cheesecake in your air fryer might just end up being your favorite thing to cook in your handy dandy appliance. This cake will require an air-fryer compatible spring form pan, but it will cook faster and more evenly than in a traditional oven. My personal favorite is a Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake, which is perfect for a summertime treat.
While you can cook delicious foods from appetizers to main courses, don’t overlook the delicious possibilities of air fryer desserts. From birthday cake to brownies to empanadas, you are only limited to your personal tastes and imagination.