Who doesn’t love the convenience of frozen French fries? You open the bag, and in 20 minutes, you have a fast, easy side dish. But what if frozen French fries could taste better, finish with an improved texture, and even be healthier? Well, now they can. Just cook air fryer frozen French fries, and save yourself the time, aggravation, and calories of baking or deep frying.
The problem with frozen French fries is in the preparation. When cooked in a deep fryer, they taste great, but they’ve been soaked in unhealthy oil, adding fat and calories that will add inches to your waistline. Preparing frozen fries in the oven isn’t efficient. By the time you’ve pre-heated the oven to 400 degrees, cooked the fries for 10 minutes, flipped them, and cooked for ten more minutes, you’ve wasted nearly an hour of your life preparing fries that are probably still soggy in the middle.
However, when you cook frozen French fries in air fryer, you get the same great taste and texture of deep fried french fries without all the unhealthy side effects. Plus, with rapid air technology, air frying makes for fast, even cook times.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- A 1 pound bag of your favorite frozen French fries (my favorite is Alexia brand fries with rosemary and sea salt)
- Non-stick cooking spray or a spritz of your favorite healthy oil
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with oil or cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 to 1 pound of French fries into your air fryer, depending on its capacity.
- Cook at 400°F / 200°C for 18-20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Plate and enjoy.