Let’s face it. Donuts are not healthy. Besides, no one eats donuts because they think they’re healthy. But there’s great news! Thanks to your air fryer, you can enjoy delicious air fryer donuts prepared in your own kitchen with a little less guilt. In fact, there’s no need for oil when using your air fryer. A quick mist of your favorite oil or cooking spray will do the job without soaking them unhealthy oils full of saturated fat.
While you can make these donuts from scratch, a quick and easy way to prepare air fryer donuts your family will love is to use a can of delicious, flaky biscuits. Simply cut a small hole in the biscuit, using a knife, bottle lid, or one-inch biscuit cutter to reduce prep time. In as little as 10 minutes, you can have scrumptious, sugar coated donuts for a quick, easy breakfast.
While you can opt for buttermilk or butter flavored flaky layers biscuits, I opted for the Pillsbury Flaky Layers biscuits with honey butter to add some extra sweetness. An extra option is to create your own sugary glaze or dip in a sugar and spice blend. The result is a fluffy, sugary treat that will kick-start your morning.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Donuts
- 1 can of flaky layers biscuits (I used Pillsbury with honey butter)
- 3-4 Tbs melted butter
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tbs of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Open the can of biscuits and cut a small hole from the middle, using a knife, bottle cap, or 1-inch biscuit cutter.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugars and spices.
- Coat the basket of your air fryer with a few mists of oil or non-stick spray.
- Place the donuts in the air fryer, four at a time, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook the donuts at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, turning twice for even cooking.
- Meanwhile, melt the three tablespoons of butter.
- You may want to pour the sugar mixture on a plate for easier coverage.
- Remove the donuts from the air fryer, brushing them with butter.
- Dip in the sugar mixture.
- Plate and enjoy.
You can also cook the donut holes at 350 degrees for 3 minutes.