Whether you’re throwing a party, preparing a snack, or cooking finger foods before the big game, Mozzarella sticks make for a delicious treat that will please even the pickiest eaters. While these snacks are more like tasty barrels of grease when deep fried, preparing air fryer Mozzarella sticks require only a misting of oil or cooking spray.
Seasoned with garlic powder and Italian seasoning, these cheese sticks are perfectly paired with marinara sauce for dipping. If you’re not a fan of Italian spices, you can leave out the Italian seasoning and opt for Cajun, Taco, or ranch seasoning to add some different flavors to these cheesy delights. Paired with an alternative sauce like ranch or horseradish, these air fryer Mozzarella sticks can be seasoned for whatever flavors tempt you.
The result is a mouth-watering finger food you can enjoy even more than usual, knowing they have been prepared using a healthier option. With only a fraction of the fat, these air fryer Mozzarella sticks are packed with flavor. Coated in a delicious, air-crisped panko crust, these cheese sticks are an enjoyable snack you can eat guilt-free.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- 4 Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- 1 cup of Panko crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cut cheese sticks on half
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Pour panko crumbs on a plate.
- Dip cheese sticks in egg wash and then roll in panko crumbs, making sure the cheese stick is well-coated
- Place coated cheese sticks in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Spray basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cheese sticks in air fryer. Coat tops with cooking spray.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Plate and enjoy!