As the Fourth of July holiday approaches, many families are preparing for cookouts with families, friends, co-workers, and loved-ones. Depending upon how many people you are hosting at your Independence Day shindig, you may need some extra help in the kitchen, especially if you’re out of room on the grill. That’s where your air fryer comes in handy. Whatever your grill can’t handle, your air fryer can pick of the slack. That’s why Airfrying.net has provided your Fourth of July Menu, Air Fried.
One of the main appeals to purchasing and using an air fryer is that they require less oil than deep frying, and, in most cases, pan frying. But one question I frequently get asked is: “Does an air fryer need oil?” The answer is both yes and no. More accurately, I recommend using oil, but it is not absolutely necessary..
Even the healthiest foods can lose key nutrients during the cooking process. Whether boiled, poached, or grilled, the veggies and meats you love can lose 40 percent or more of their healthy assets when cooked. However, because an air fryer keeps the surface of the food dry and cooks with circulating hot air, this process ensures your food retains more of its key nutrients. So does air frying destroy nutrients? Probably–but not as many as other cooking methods.
Air fryers can be used to cook a variety of foods from frozen french fries to filet mignon. But did you know it is fun, easy, and fast to cook a diverse assortment of mouth-watering desserts in your air fryer? Air fryer desserts from apple dumplings to birthday cakes are quick and easy to make, and some don’t require additional accessories.
Types of Air Fryer Desserts
- Dumplings: Whether your vice is apple, mixed berry, or peach, dumplings are divine desserts that are paired perfectly with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. While these can be baked in a conventional oven, they are super easy to air fry, using puff pastry, butter, and your fruit/spices of choice. Making dumplings in the air fryer does not require any extra accessories or attachments, so you can make dumplings, like our Rich, Crisp Apple Dumpling Dessert, right in your regular air fryer basket.
- Turnovers, Fried Pies, and Hand Pies: While their crust ingredients differ, turnovers, fried pies, and hand pies are an easy treat to cook in the air fryer. The hardest part is the dough, but if you use pre-made puff pastry or crust dough, making these delicious fruit-filled desserts is a snap. These do not require extra attachments or accessories beyond your air fryer’s non-stick basket.
- Dessert Egg Rolls Though a fairly new trend, dessert egg rolls are a great sweet treat to try in the air fryer. Made just like a regular egg roll, you use egg roll wrappers and oil, but instead of filling them with nutritious vegetables, opt for ooey-gooey ingredients like chocolate and caramel. Our favorite dessert egg rolls are apple egg rolls, blueberry egg rolls, and s’mores egg rolls. So yummy! This dessert does not require additional accessories or attachments.
- Cakes: Baking a traditional round layer cake in the air fryer does require a baking pan compatible with your air fryer. But I promise it will be well worth the investment. The sky is the limit when it comes to preparing cake in the air fryer. Choose a decadent chocolate recipe or a classic hummingbird cake to “bake” in your air fryer. This is a great choice for birthdays, holidays, and family gatherings.
- Cheesecakes: Baking a cheesecake in your air fryer might just end up being your favorite thing to cook in your handy dandy appliance. This cake will require an air-fryer compatible spring form pan, but it will cook faster and more evenly than in a traditional oven. My personal favorite is a Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake, which is perfect for a summertime treat.
While you can cook delicious foods from appetizers to main courses, don’t overlook the delicious possibilities of air fryer desserts. From birthday cake to brownies to empanadas, you are only limited to your personal tastes and imagination.
We all go through cooking ruts, especially when trying to prepare and eat healthy meals. Eventually, we get tired of chicken and fish with steamed veggies or grow weary of the same spice blends and marinades. But there’s hope! If you’re looking for a simple way to add flavor to your favorite air fryer foods, the addition of infused cooking oils can really amp up your meal prep.
Depending upon your time and budget, you can either make infused cooking oils yourself or purchase them from local stores or internet vendors.
Whether you’re on a diet or not, eating fish is great for your health. From Salmon’s omega-3-fatty-acids to low-fat, low-calorie tilapia, most doctors recommend grilled, baked, or broiled fish as a part of a healthy way of eating. With its health benefits and diverse methods of preparation, it is ideal to learn how to cook fish in the air fryer. Keep in mind, even if it’s dipped in delicious batter, air fried fish is always healthier prepared without oil or with minimal oil. For those interested in giving it a try, here’s how to cook fish in the air fryer.
If you’re looking for a fast and efficient way to prepare delicious, healthier meals for your family, then air frying may be the answer to all of your meal-prep prayers. However, if you cook daily for more than two or three people, then you will need a large capacity air fryer which has enough room to handle 4-6 servings. Enjoy faster prep times and more even cooking by choosing the right large-capacity air fryer for your family’s needs.
Looking for some healthy football snacks you can add to your Super Bowl game day menu this year? Consider these air frying options provided by Airfrying.net.
Whether you’re throwing a game-day party or watching with your family, delicious and healthy “game snack food” is a must-have for a yearly Superbowl showdown. With these simple delicious Superbowl party
Looking for ways to wow that special someone this Valentine’s Day? Avoid the crowds and prepare a healthy romantic dinner for two right in your very own kitchen. Sometimes, making an extra effort with a romantic gesture will show your partner just how much you care, so break out the candles and fine china, and prepare dinner and dessert for the one you love this year.
Lucky for you, the writing staff at Airfrying.net has put together some of their favorite recipes–all which can be
People these days are on the go non-stop. Long gone are the days where most families come home from the day at work/school and eat a well balanced meal. More often than not people are eating on the go and oftentimes this leads to unhealthy “convenient” choices. One solution to this is to add so-called Superfoods to your diet — nutritionally dense foods that will provide you with a much needed boost and often confer other health benefits as well.