At the end of a busy week, nothing beats family pizza night. But if you’re a family whose members have varying preferences, ordering carryout can get pricey. A better option is to bake homemade pizza in the air fryer this Friday night to save added calories, as well as money.
Why Air Fry Pizza?
Variety and Efficiency.
Simply purchase personal small pizza crusts, sauce, cheese, and other desired toppings, set up an assembly line, and create the perfect pizza to please your individual tastes. Are you a keep-it-simple pepperoni and cheese fan? How about an all-veggie connoisseur? And in most families, there’s always someone who opts for something extraordinary, like Barbecue chicken and pineapple.
The best part? Depending on how crisp you like your crust to be, you can have an individual pizza in as little as 5 minutes, thanks to the rapid air technology of your air fryer.
Pizza Art is Fun
Creating your own pizza in the air fryer is always a hit after a long week of work and school. Gathering in the kitchen to create your own pizza is a great way to spend quality time together. Make your pizzas, talk about the week’s events while the pies “bake,” and when they’re done, gather around the table for a game of cards or a family conversation once everyone is ready to eat.
These air fryer pizzas also make for fun time-fillers for slumber parties or game night gatherings.
Homemade Pizza in the Air Fryer Step-By_Step
- Pick your crust (Gluten Free, Low Carb, Italian Herb, or Regular–there are tons of options)
- Pick your sauce (Barbecue, Pizza/tomato, marinara, and Alfredo are the most common.)
- Sprinkle your favorite cheese (mozzarella, feta, taco, etc.)
- Add your toppings.
- Air Fry!
- 1 Personal Pizza Round
- 1-2 Tbsp Your Favorite Sauce We used Marinara, but feel free to experiment
- 1/2-1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese You can also use sliced mozzarella and experiment with other cheeses
- Your Favorite toppings We kept it simple and used pepperoni
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees
To prevent burning and to achieve a softer crust, feel free to add parchment rounds or squares to your air fryer basket.
Spread your favorite pizza sauce over the pizza dough round, using 1-2 tablespoons or amount desired.
Sprinkle your mozzarella cheese, covering to the edges.
Add desired toppings.
Cook at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.