After a long day at work, the last thing most people want to do is cook a complicated dinner that shaves time off those precious few hours that can be spent relaxing with family, helping the kids with homework, or unwinding before bed.
But what if you could make a delicious meal the entire family could enjoy in less than 15 minutes with minimal ingredients?
Forget Taco Tuesday and opt for these simple and delicious air fryer quesadillas.
Easily paired with a healthy side salad, our air fryer quesadillas forego the gobs of butter used by many restaurants while still providing the great flavor and crispy texture most people prefer. Unlike pan fried quesadillas, preparing this delicious dish requires only a modest coat of olive oil spray, leaving your tortilla light and crisp, rather than dense and soggy.
And the best part? The options this recipe offers are endless, and the process is so easy, even your little ones can get involved.
For instance, if you live with picky eaters who cringe at the thought of peppers or onions, you could opt for a simple chicken and cheese version. Vegetarian? No worries, just nix the chicken and add your favorite veggies (spinach, mushroom, and cheese is my personal favorite). And for low carb or gluten-free dieters, you can opt for the lower carb or gluten free tortillas, like Mission brand.
This recipe is perfect for busy, on-the-go singles or families who are striving to live a healthy lifestyle. It literally takes 6 minutes per quesadilla, so at two servings per quesadilla, you could feed a family of four in only 12 minutes. Plus, clean up is a snap with a quick wash of the non-stick removable basket.
Ingredients for Air Fried Chicken Cheese Quesadillas
- 1 package pre-cooked grilled chicken (you an can cook your own chicken, but that wouldn’t be quick and easy would it :))
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 8 oz bag of shredded cheese
- 1 yellow onion
- medium size tortilla soft shells
- olive oil spray
- slice yellow and orange peppers
- dice yellow onion
- spray olive oil on bottom of air fryer cooking pot
- place 1 tortilla shell in air fryer pot
- spread cheese, chicken, onions, and peppers over tortilla shell
- put another tortilla shell on top of ingrediants
- put in air fryer at 370 degrees for 3 minutes
- flip tortilla shell and put back in air fryer at 370 degrees for 3 minutes
- take out, slice and enjoy!