Despite all my dieting efforts, sometimes I just want a serving of restaurant-quality chicken tenders. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside with just the right amount of spice, fried chicken tenders hold a top spot on my list of favorite foods.
Much to my delight, I can now enjoy delicious Cajun chicken tenders guilt-free, thanks to my air fryer.
One of my favorite things about chicken tenders is the diverse flavors and methods one can use to cook a delicious meal that will be a favorite dinnertime staple. These chicken tenders can be prepared with a variety of ingredients from Cajun to Italian to Southern Soul.
But the best part of all? These chicken tenders not only save calories, but they also save time!
Cooked in the air fryer at 400 degrees, these chicken tenders go from package to plate in only 25 minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients Cajun Chicken Tenders:
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning (add more for a spicier flavor or cut for less heat)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
Directions to Air Fry Chicken Tenders:
- In a small bowl, beat two eggs and set aside.
- On a large plate or medium bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning together.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Dip each chicken tenderloin in the egg wash and immediately coat with flour mixture.
- Place coated chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.