A southern classic and favorite nationwide, fried catfish offers a variety of choices from salty to spicy and southern-fried to Cajun catch. This delicious catch is great for an outdoor fish fry, Friday Night Catfish meal, or a day at the lake. Catfish is a mild fish that typically appeals to even the pickiest of eaters, not to mention inexpensive and low fat. And the best part of all is that air fried catfish is a great way to enjoy all that deep fried flavor with only a fraction of the fat and calories.
Air fried catfish is a favorite among my family members and is the main feature of many summer gatherings held at our house. When deep fried or fried in the skillet, frying catfish is time consuming and the odor will linger in the kitchen for days. However, when prepared in the air fryer, not only are you reducing the amount of fat from unhealthy oils, but you are also reducing the smell in your kitchen. With an air fryer’s odor reducing properties, the fried fish smell stays in the air fryer instead of in your kitchen. Make the catfish the star of this meal by using your air fryer.
This classic fish fry dish is best paired with fries, corn on the cob, fresh veggies, and a side of tartar sauce.
Ingredients for Air Fried Catfish
- 4 catfish filets
- 1/4 cup of your favorite fishfry Buy Now
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 1 Tbs olive oil (optional) Buy Now
- Rinse each catfish filet and pat dry
- Put the fishfry in a ziplock bag
- Add the fish, one at a time, to the bag and shake until coated.
- Spray basket with cooking spray
- Add fish and spray tops with spray
- Cook at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Plate and enjoy!