One of my favorite healthy indulgences is sauteed summer squash, zucchini, and onions to pair with a small portion of my favorite protein, like grilled sirloin, broiled salmon, or roasted chicken. However, by the time you prep and chop all the veggies, heat up the skillet, wait for the wonderful vegetable trio to reach its perfect al dente texture, and tend to the needs of your demanding toddler, thirty minutes have passed, half your veggies are still under cooked, and the rest of them are mush.
Simplify this savory side dish with your air fryer, and never hover impatiently over the stove again.
Just chop and prep your veggies, we recommend a very sharp, high-quality cutting knife, like the Kibaby kitchen knife. Set the temp on your air fryer, add your ingredients, and set the timer. In only 25 minutes, you’ll sit down to a perfectly cooked veggie trio that will tempt you to toss your frying pan.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cut the zucchini and yellow squash in 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine zucchini, yellow squash and olive oil.
- mix in the salt, garlic powder, and black pepper
- Put in air fryer for 15 minutes at 400 degrees
- While the zucchini and yellow squash cook, dice the yellow onion.
- When zucchini and yellow squash done, add the diced yellow onion.
- cook all for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.