General Wong doesn’t disappoint (does he ever??) with this variant of traditional Chinese Beef & Broccoli. Make this at home and avoid the msg-induced coma you’ll likely endure picking this up at the local Chinese eatery. One of my favourites and also one of our favorite healthy air fryer recipes. Serves 4.
Ingredients for General Wong’s Beef & Broccoli
- Round steak, 3/4 lb. cut into thin strips
- Broccoli, 1 lb., stems removed and cut into florets
- Oyster sauce, 1/3 cup
- Sesame oil, 2 Tsp.
- Sherry, 1/3 cup
- Soy sauce, 1 Tsp.
- White sugar, 1 Tsp.
- Cornstarch, 1 Tsp.
- Olive oil, 1 Tbsp.
- Ginger root, 1 slice, fresh
- Garlic, 1 clove, minced
- In a small bowl combine the oyster sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, sherry, soy sauce and sugar. Stir until sugar has dissolved and cornstarch is evenly mixed. Place the steak strips in this mixture and marinate for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- When the steak has finished marinating add it and the broccoli to the air fryer. Add the ginger, garlic and olive oil on top.
- Cook at 360 degrees for 12 minutes. Serve with rice.